Just a few days in the past, Team USA touched down in Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic.
USA Weightlifting’s high athletes are set to compete in the 2018 Senior Pan Am Weightlifting Championships, which kicked off May 12th and extends by way of May 18th. Last yr, USA Weightlifting had a stellar efficiency in Miami, Florida, and walked away with 24 medals, which included 8 golds.
In addition, each Sarah Robles (90kg+ girls’s athlete) and Caine Wilkes (105kg+ males’s athlete) can be making an attempt to defend their 2017 championships.
If you’re thinking about watching the stream, try this link to the live YouTube stream. For these of you curious about watching sure athletes, we’ve included every athlete’s day of competitors and weight class start instances beneath.
Male Athletes Competition Days & Start Times
- Derrick Johnson, 62kg, Tuesday 5/15 – 10:30 AM
- CJ Cummings, 69kg, Tuesday 5/15 – 3:30 PM
- Jordan Cantrell, 85kg, Thursday 5/17 – 10:00 AM
- Harrison Maurus, 85kg, Thursday 5/17 – 10:00 AM
- Nathan Damrom, 94kg, Thursday 5/17 – 12:30 PM
- Wes Kitts, 105kg, Thursday 5/17 – 5:30 PM
- Cameron Swart, 105kg+, Friday 5/18 – 2:00 PM
- Caine Wilkes, 105kg+, Friday 5/18 – 2:00 PM
Female Athletes Competition Days & Start Times
- Alyssa Ritchey, 48kg, Monday 5/14 – 3:00 PM
- Hayley Reichardt, 48kg, Monday 5/14 – 3:00 PM
- Caitlin Hogan, 53kg, Tuesday 5/15 – 1:00 PM
- Mattie Sasser, 63kg, Wednesday 5/16 – 3:30 PM
- Mattie Rogers, 69kg Wednesday 5/16 – 6:00 PM
- Jenny Arthur, 75kg, Thursday 5/17 – 3:00 PM
- Marissa Klingseis, 90kg, Thursday 5/18 – 9:00 AM
- Sarah Robles, 90kg+, Friday 5/18 – 11:30 AM
The Senior Pan Am Championships are a giant deal for Team USA and subsequent yr’s 2019 Championships. After the 2017 Senior Pan Am Championships, Team USA’s males sit in 2nd place and the girls are in fourth. Following this yr’s Championships, the high three putting groups can be awarded full groups for the 2019 Senior Pan Am Games being held in Lima, Peru.
What does this imply? Teams who’re awarded with full groups can be ready to carry a workforce of six athletes every for women and men to the 2019 Games. This would permit Team USA to carry extra athletes and assist them achieve extra platform publicity.
Feature picture @usa_weightlifting Instagram web page.