Health 14 Ways Men Can Improve Their Health And Physical Fitness
- Change your diet! Eat whole real food. Fresh vegetables, lean protein, and complex carbs should make up most of your diet. Eliminate white starches, sugar, and junk food.
- Indulge in moderation! Go ahead and treat yourself to sweets or junk food favorites but only on occasion and in moderation.
- Workout with a friend or participate in a team sport! It will not feel so much like working out and the time will go by much faster!
- Take a 30-minute walk every day after dinner, grab the family so they can get the many benefits of walking too!
- Join a gym! Make a plan to work out at least every other day for 30 minutes at a time. Do some type of cardio or interval training for fat burning and heart health and lift weights to build lean muscle tone for healthier aging, and healthy weight management.
- Take up yoga to improve balance, and flexibility, and for weight loss, stress relief and a ton of other health benefits.
- Take up karate for agility, mental control, stress relief, strength training, and various other health benefits
- Manage your stress! Meditation, relaxation, yoga, exercise, time off work and positive thinking are all the tools you need to prevent stress from affecting your health.
- Do some chores! Raking leaves, vacuuming and mopping all burn calories.
- Drink more water for hydration, physical health, and support of internal body processes.
- Limit your alcohol intake to enjoy better health and a healthy weight since all alcoholic drinks, including beer are loaded with calories.
- Stop smoking! Lung cancer, heart disease, stroke, respiratory problems that inhibit physical activity, COPD, erectile dysfunction, reduced quality of life etc. etc. etc.
- Get good sleep as it promotes lasting energy, concentration, and the making of healthy choices in your life
- Get married! Yes, statistically married men live longer and enjoy better health than unmarried men